THE MOORE EL TORO
Performance and Safety for the Serious Racer or Beginning Sailor
Moore Sailboats present El Toro model was introduced in the spring of 1997 and somewhat resembles the "Caballero Floater", one of the most popular El Toro designs for over twenty years. We have incorporated design features from our previous models and innovative tooling & production techniques for these further refinements:
- Increased buoyancy & safety, easily righted.
- Faired hull and optimized chine radii for low drag and wetted surface.
- Maximum freeboard amidships for roll tacking and downwind heel angle.
- Wide side tanks for comfortable hiking and confidence in all conditions.
- Rolled gunnl's for stiffness and durability.
- Aerodynamic foam cored splash rails help stiffen the foredeck.
- Foiled daggerboard trunk eliminates leakage.
- Forward angled thwart for comfort.
- The laminates employ high tech fabrics and a hybrid resin system.
- Vacuum bagged, PVC foam cored hull & deck.
- Open bow and stern sections decrease hull weight.
- D-Ring bonded to daggerboard trunk for secure secure hiking strap attachment.
- Two inspection ports with storage bags.
- Light gray non-skid interior surface.
"Anything less wouldn't be a MOORE"
Ron Moore began producing El Toros in the early 70's to compete with the Caballero original and Tito-Toro. This first model had full length chine floatation tanks and a daggerboard trunk positioned 3" forward of the current models. Still competitive in the fleet, the 1995 North American Championship was won by a twenty five year old Moore El Toro.
In the 80's Moore Sailboats manufactured a second version based upon a winning Terry Schmidt/Kui Lim hull design. This model was maximum LOA, minimum beam, low freeboard, flat rocker and was successfully tank tested against other designs. It featured a vacuum bagged, foam cored hull, enclosed deck sections, spacious interior and classic Moore quality.
Sail the most exciting boat to hit the El Toro world in years. The Moore El Toro will feel stiffer, accelerate faster, and plane longer than any other El Toro you have sailed. Combined with our carbon fiber spars and Gary Mull designed carbon fiber blades, you can expect noticeable improvement in boat speed...even if you've been sailing an El Toro for 20 years.
ALL PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.